“You oughtta know”– at least according to Pinterest and Alanis Morrisette. And who knows what a savvy modern lady is missing out on by not clicking to find out crucial tips and tricks in the popular pin “DIY Beauty Hacks Every Girl Should Know”? Turns out, these helpful “hacks” are definitely full of simple shortcuts and why-didn’t-I-think-of-that time savers, and is certainly worth a browse. I shared some of the highlights below, but fly over to Buzzfeed for the full list.
- Turn any eyeliner pencil into super-intense gel liner: Hold it under a flame for one second, let cool, and apply.
- Color your entire lid with white eyeliner to make eyeshadow colors POP.
- Cover up dark circles by applying concealer in a triangle shape: Apparently the method of applying it in dots is outdated, the triangle shape “gives saggy eye bags a bigger lift.”
- To avoid getting lipstick on your teeth, stick your finger in your mouth and pull it out.
- Learn how to set your lipstick so it LASTS: After you’ve applied lip color, hold a tissue over your lips, and lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue.
- Get rid of split ends by twisting locks of hair and snipping the ones you see sticking out.
- When going for a dramatic winged look, draw the outline of the shape, and then fill it in.
- Touch up a French manicure with a rubber band.
- Check your makeup when you get into your car: “The different light source will expose any makeup mistakes you might have missed in your bathroom.”
- Want to wear glitter nail polish without going through the pain-in-the-butt removal process?:“Use Elmer’s glue as the base coat. The manicure will peel off neatly, and it supposedly can last for up to a week!”
- Use pale frosted eyeshadow to get fuller, 3D lips: A dab of frosty powder right in the center of lips makes them look more luscious.
- Flat-iron your braids to create long-lasting waves.
What’s your favorite secret for better makeup application or go-to beauty trick? — Casandra Armour