Being a new mom puts a lot of pressure on you and creates countless demands on your time.
Without a sturdy support network of family and friends, this can easily lead to depression and anxiety, the U.S. National Institutes of Health says.
The agency’s National Child & Maternal Health Education Program suggests:
- Connect with other moms in your community or online. It’s helpful to share experiences with others who are going through the same issues.
- Make time for yourself.
- Set realistic, helpful goals. Allow dishes to pile up in the sink if it means that you can get a quick nap.
- Ask family and friends for help.
- Rest when baby rests. You need sleep as much as baby does.
- Don’t spend all of your time with baby. When possible, make it a point to be with people your own age.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.