Nightmares are scary, disturbing dreams that are especially common in children. Episodes are usually short, but they can cause you to wake up in the middle of the night and make sleeping difficult, says Mayo Clinic.
If nightmares are a problem for you or your child, Mayo Clinic suggests:
- Establish a relaxing routine before bedtime.
- Be patient and reassuring with your child.
- Talk about the dream. Remember that nightmares aren’t real.
- Imagine a happy ending for the nightmare instead.
- Provide comfort measures like a favorite blanket.
- Use a night light if needed.
- Consider stress-relief activities or seeking professional help.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.