Since everything is going so peachy…
Breakfast: Peach Cardamom Shake
1/4 cup almond butter
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup frozen peaches
4 ice cubs
Coconut or almond milk.
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1. Blend ingredients well.
Lunch: Stir Fried Veggies and Ahi with Miso Ginger sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove minced
1 tbsp of ginger chopped
1 cup of broccoli florets
2 carrots sliced into matchsticks
1 cup zucchini cut into matchstick slices
2 tbsp chopped ginger
1 cup spinach
Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil over high heat and add ginger, and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add broccoli, cook for 2 minutes, then add carrots and zucchini, cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of water, reduce heat to low, and cover.
4. Steam like this for 2 minutes, add spinach and cook until wilted .
Ginger Miso Dressing
¼ cup white mellow miso
1 lemon juice
1 clove of garlic
¼ cup of olive oil
2 tbsp warm water
1. Blend ingredients in food processor or bender.
*Serve vegetables with ahi tuna (as pictured), which I purchased from Whole Foods or any other protein. And top with miso ginger dressing, and garnish with cilantro .
Dinner: Zucchini Mushroom Soup
2 zucchini (yellow and green) washed, chopped into half moons
Half head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 cups of sliced mushrooms, like crimini
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 shallots chopped
Fresh chopped thyme
1 Bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Toss cauliflower with 1 tbsp coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and lay flat on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. Heat large stock pot over high heat and add coconut oil. Add mushrooms and reduce heat. Add salt and pepper.
4. Stir occasionally, cook for 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
5. Add garlic, zucchini, shallots and thyme, cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant and soft.
6. Add the bay leaf and enough water to cover the veggies, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the roasted cauliflower and cook until soft.
7. Using a hand emulsion blender puree the vegetables until smooth. Add a touch of coconut or almond milk for added creaminess. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley and thyme. — China Moss