How are you feeling? My energy is up and my skin is glowing (toot, toot).
Breakfast: Superfood Smoothie
Coconut almond milk
3 tbsp unsweetened cacao nibs (*superfood )
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 handful spinach
¼ cup dried coconut shavings
2 tbsp cinnamon (*superfood)
4 ice cubes
1. Blend ingredients in blender
*Raw cacao is what chocolate starts out as, before they add the milk fat, and sweeteners. And in its purest form it’s loaded with antioxidants (more than blueberries), vitamins, and minerals. It has been said to increase serotonin levels, help circulation, and even reduce PMS cravings. Great chocolate alternative.
*Cinnamon has anti-bacterial properties , is believed to boost cognitive function, lower cholesterol and help regulate glucose and blood sugar levels.
Lunch: Bok Choy Stir Fry
2 tbsp of sesame oil
4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves finely sliced
3 green onions, sliced, green and white parts
2 cups baby bok choy chopped, with ends and leaves separated
1 cup zucchini (yellow and green) sliced into inch long spears
12 asparagus stalks, trimmed and chopped into inch long spears, separate tips from stalks
1 cup mushrooms, cleaned, sliced thinly
2 tbsp wheat free tamari
Sesame seeds, fresh ginger for garnish.
1. Heat sesame oil over medium high heat in a wok or large saute pan.
2. Add garlic, 2 tablespoons of ginger, and half the green onions. Cook for approximately 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant, but being careful not to burn it (garlic turns bitter when its burnt).
3. Add zucchini slices, and asparagus stalks, cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
4. Then add bok choy ends (not the leaves just yet), cook for 1 minute.
5. Turn the heat up high, and add bok choy leaves, asparagus tips and tamari. Stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add mushrooms, remaining ginger, and 1 tablespoon of water.
7. Reduce heat to simmer, and cover the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper (add additional sesame oil or tamari if necessary). Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Not surprisingly, I mixed it with quinoa which was really delicious, but you can have it with a piece of seared salmon, or alongside seared tuna.
Dinner: Leftover Zucchini Soup… Yumm — China Moss