Taking it tropical for DAY THREE… How are you holding up?
Breakfast: Tropical Greens Shake
¼ cup macadamia nuts
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup frozen organic mangoes
¼ cup unsweetened, organic coconut flakes
Coconut or almond milk
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1. Combine ingredients in blender, with ice if desired.
The power of papaya….
Papaya helps facilitate the speedy break down of proteins in your stomach, making it a highly effective digestion aid. It’s also loaded with vitamin C, and E, which help protect you against free radicals that lead to premature aging. Wait there’s more…. The meat and skin of papaya contain an enzyme that encourages skin cell regeneration, and help slough of dead skin when you use it topically (yes, that means when you rub it on your face) – which is why it is such a popular ingredient in facial exfoliants, and masques.
Lunch: Cilantro Chicken with Mango-Papaya Salsa
¾ lb boneless, skinless, organic, free range chicken breast tenders
12 asparagus stalks
Cilantro for garnish
Cilantro Lime Marinade:
¼ cup chopped cilantro
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Chipotle chili powder
2 tbsp chopped ginger
Mango Papaya Salsa:
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 cup fresh papaya, cut into ¾ inch cubes
1 cup fresh mango, cut into ¾ inch cubes
1 avocado, cut into ¾ inch cubes
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a non reactive bowl, and stir to coat the chicken tenders. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. In a medium bowl add papaya, mango, ginger, lime juice, sesame oil, salt and pepper, stir a couple of times, then gently fold in the avocado. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400.
4. In an oven safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add chicken in one layer and cook for 4 minutes over high heat. Turn over, add in leftover marinade and transfer to preheated oven and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to settle. Chop chicken to desired size.
6. Rinse and trim asparagus spears and place them on baking sheet.
7. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper – make sure each piece is lightly coated with olive oil.
8. Bake for 8 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Once cooked, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them.
9. Serve chicken over asparagus topped with salsa.
Dinner: Tropical Greens Shake
Repeated from breakfast, because I liked it that much. –China Moss