Holidays mean spending lots of time with family, which, let’s face it, means most of you are going to need lots of booze. Sometimes it’s the only way to handle explaining why you’re still single to your grandmother, why you didn’t get that promotion at work to your parents, and what you’ve been up to for the past year to your crazy Uncle Jim. Have no fear, here are some holiday cocktail recipes that are easy alternatives to whip up. These will help you score a nice buzz so you don’t want to bust out of your family functions.
SVEDKA Banana Snowman
Frosty is a childhood favorite but this SVEDKA Banana Snowman is sure to thrill the adult in you. If you’re looking for a sweet treat as a nightcap this concoction that mixes vodka, banana liqueur, and caramel is sure to put a smile on your face. Santa may even ask for you to leave this out instead of a plate of cookies.
1 part SVEDKA Vodka
1/2 part banana liqueur
1 part heavy cream
1/4 part Black Velvet Toasted Caramel
muddled banana chunks
1. Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker over ice, shake and strain into a martini glass.
2. Garnish with grated nutmeg and a skewer of banana chunks and salted caramel pieces.
Cocktails = calories. While you’re supposed to indulge during the holidays you don’t want to overindulge. This Guilt-Free Gingerbread cocktail allows you to sip your spirits without worrying about needing to unzip your pants.
2 parts Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Splash of club soda
3/4 part fat-free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 part unsweetened almond milk
Non-fat whipped cream (for garnish)
Cinnamon (for garnish)
1. Pour ingredients into a shaker and strain over ice.
2. Garnish with a dollop of fat-free whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
While I wouldn’t recommend getting sauced and airing your family’s dirty laundry, Hennessy’s Holiday “Sauce” is much more socially acceptable. The cranberry sauce, yes the stuff from the can that retains its shape even after it comes out, gives this holiday beverage a boost of sweet and tart flavors. After one of these you’ll feel like saying, “Ho Ho Ho.”
1.5 ounces Hennessy V.S
.5 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice
Heaping tablespoon of cranberry sauce (the kind you would have with turkey)
1 dash Fee brothers cranberry bitters (optional)
Orange twist (for garnish)
Cinnamon sugar (for garnish)
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker tin with ice, shake until well chilled.
2. Take a coupe or martini glass and rub the rim with a fresh cut lemon, now dip the rim in a plate of cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon to 1 part white sugar).
3. Strain the cocktail into the rimmed glass and garnish with an orange twist.