There are so many options, and going DIY is a great way to spend quality time together while creating fun gifts for their classmates without going the typical grocery store route.
Once again, we’ve scoured the interweb in search of some inspiration for this too-cute holiday.
We’ve got everything from baked goods, to valentines cards and everything in between.
Let’s get started!
1) Sweetheart Rice Krispy Treats – We love, love, love Rice Krispy treats. They are SO easy to make, a fan favorite wherever you go, and can be made for pretty much every holiday in existence. Depending on the age of your child, you can have them help in so many different ways. They could stir the pot, use the cookie cutters, or just add the food coloring to the marshmallow and watch as the color changes to pink!
2) Glad We’re In The Same School Valentine – Yet another adorable Pinterest find, we can’t help but swoon over these incredibly creative Valentines. These are super easy to DIY, and you can have your little helper put the Swedish Fish into each “bowl.”
3) Super Hero Lollipop – This valentine is great for super hero fans, aka all little boys and a growing number of girls. All it takes is some paper and a printer, a pair of scissors and a handy helper. The blog post even has a PDF to print your super hero cape! It doesn’t get easier than that.
4) Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows – Another project great for kids of all ages, this is a simple chocolate dipped marshmallow treat. Have your daughter or son help you dip the chocolate, or perhaps just put them in charge of sprinkle duty. No matter what, fun is going to be had by all.
5) Valentines Day Heart Leis – A lovely little necklace made of paper and straws. Adorable, affordable, and something that be easily shared with classmates for the holiday.
Are you going the DIY route this year? Let us know what you’ve made! –Sasha Huff