I cannot get into football. I’ve tried. I mean I’ve really tried. I wish I could love it. The people that love sports seem so happy, but sadly (or not) I will always care more about Fendi than football. Even though I don’t have the love of the game, my fall social calendar would be far from full if I refrained from joining any events involving football. Here are my tips for girls who aren’t fans but don’t want to be friendless until after the Superbowl.
1) Brush up on football related gossip
Tim Tebow was released from The Patriots. You can segue that into what you think Tom & Gisele thought of him and maybe even hypothesize why he and Camilla Belle broke up, and wonder if he’s still a virgin.
2) Be the food/beer wench (minus the whole wanton part)
They say that those who can’t do, teach, but I think that those who can’t should cook. Be the MVP of any NFL party by bringing the party. And by that I mean the refreshments. If you can’t make conversation about the game, people will surely be approaching you for bringing the most amazing eats to game day. Besides, the way to any football fan’s heart is through their stomach. Below is one of my favorite salsa recipes.
Ellie Krieger’s Mango Salsa Recipe
1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper
- Combine the mango, cucumber, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and cilantro leaves and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
If you want to completely abstain from football and football related activities you might as well primp. Here are some DIY avocado hair and face masks courtesy of Lauren Conrad’s website (www.laurenconrad.com)
Avocado Hair Mask
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients together and massage into your hair from roots to ends, covering thoroughly.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo well, then rinse with apple cider vinegar.
Avocado Face Mask
½ ripe avocado
1 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Blend the ingredients together or mash in a bowl.
- Apply to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Focus on your breathing and relax while letting it set.
- Rinse off with cool water and a damp cloth
Godspeed and ladies, I do recommend watching the Superbowl if only for the half-time show- even though it will be almost impossible to top Beyonce.