Sarah Palin was the GOP vice-presidential candidate in 2008, and she’s one of the best speakers that Republicans have to offer.
So in honor of national palindrome week, we’ve collected some of our favorite Sarah Palin quotes, to be enjoyed and shared by all.
1. “Don’t retreat! Reload!”
2. “Only dead fish go with the flow.”
3. “Buck up or stay in the truck.”
4. “Polls are for strippers and cross-country skiers.”
5. “I love that smell of the emissions!”
6. “But obviously, we’ve got to stand with our North Korean allies.”
7. “As we work and sightsee on America’s largest island, we’ll get to view more majestic bears, so now is a good time to draw attention to the political equivalent of the species.” (Palin, referring to Alaska’s Kodiak Island. Whoops.)
8. “‘Refudiate,’ ‘misunderestimate,’ ‘wee-wee’d up.’ English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!”
9. Katie Couric: “What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?”
Sarah Palin: “Well, let’s see. There’s –of course –in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, there’s never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are — those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know — going through the history of America, there would be others but–”
Couric: “Can you think of any?”
Palin: “Well, I could think of — of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a Vice President, if I’m so privileged to serve, wouldn’t be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.”
And who will ever forget:
10. “They say the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick.”