A new handbag can be one of the best—and most expensive—ways to update your wardrobe for fall. But a new Kate Spade bag for every season would be the equivalent of a down payment on an economy car, and there are plenty of affordable alternatives to the higher-end brands. Here are a handful of totes and satchels to help make your transition into fall easy on the eyes and wallet.
1. With green and navy-dotted spill-resistant lining, pockets for your keys, cell phone and water bottle, a top zip closure and an easy transformation into a satchel, the Stella & Dot Red and Navy Ikat bags for $89 are an easy way to carry everything you need and add a colorful print to your outfit.
2. Soft suede in a golden hue is the epitome of fall fashion, and the LOFT Suede Tassel Ring Tote in Classic Caramel gives you that autumnal touch for $60. Its magnetic closure and violet tassel add function and beauty.
3. For a go-to black bag with some flair, Anthropologie’s Fringed Gustine Hobo adds grungy personality to your style for $98. Metal-studded straps and long leather fringe pair well with fall layers.
4. A super budget-friendly tote from Old Navy—the Printed Denim Tote in Indigo for $13 (previously $25)—is the best deal here with a snap closure, faux leather and interior pocket. The pattern makes it look more expensive than it really is.
5. Because who can resist? Another beauty from Anthropologie, the Comtois Woodland Satchel in Gold for $98, has a classic, versatile look. It’s perfect for commuters, has a removable crossbody strap and is eco-sound.
Which fall bags—budget-friendly or not—are you coveting this season?